Suggestion- Dynamic naming system/Being anonymous

Austin_Winters

Prospect
Dec 19, 2017
IC
Austin_Winters
I have a though using a system i seen in GTA V rp servers.

Basically its a script that wont let us see other people name tags at first, up until we get to know them and they tell us their name, then we use a cmd named /alias [ID] [Name] to add a name to the person

Now i state some pros and cons about it

first gameplay wise i can only see pros:

-That's totally cancel the most common use of MG

-That's very unique

-It adds a new dynamic to the game.. you really have to get to know people, i mean it gives you motivation to do so...and of course it adds the possibility of lying about your identity which is something i always felt is missing as a outlaw, conning, lying, cant do that now

now script wise there pros and cons, pros:

-Its very easy to script the ability to hide eveybody's name with the widely used mask system and the same way revele it

con:

-As i said in gameplay pros , people could lie, now i don't know how or weather its possible to make a script that can show me a name as i write it even if its not the real name of the person?

So what you guys think?

Is it possible, and if it is would you like to see it IG?

Turiddu

Community Helper Team
Helper Team
LSPD
Sep 5, 2019
IC
Soshito_Nakakata
Supported

Bambo_Milano

Dedicated
Mar 21, 2018
Tunisia
IC
Vladimir_Sergeyev
Yes +1. Amazing feature for RP and to avoid MG.

CLick

Deus Ex Machina
LSPD
Dedicated
Jun 2, 2019
IC
Packie_McReary
+1

Austin_Winters

Prospect
Dec 19, 2017
IC
Austin_Winters
Im glad to see its supported!
I hope only it could be done scriptwise

Valtahias

Lunatic
Trial Admin
Faction Leader
SANN
Jul 3, 2020
Romania
IC
Osama_Tarak_Moosa
Supported.

Melis

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Faction Leader
SAT&R
Dedicated
Jun 4, 2019
+1

Furkan

Kamikaze
FBI
Dedicated
May 5, 2019
Turkey
IC
Hiroshi_Nakamura
Supported this idea, it is very nice.

Lt.Mike

Community Helper Team
Helper Team
Dedicated
Mar 12, 2018
LBC
IC
Stanislav_Sergeyev
+111111111111111111111111111

hawaii the chinger

Suave
LSPD
Jul 25, 2020
IC
Ahmad_Tarak_Moosa
no, it's a dynamic server, none of the RP servers use it and it'll be useless and hard to roleplay with players

Austin_Winters

Prospect
Dec 19, 2017
IC
Austin_Winters
no, it's a dynamic server, none of the RP servers use it and it'll be useless and hard to roleplay with players
First of all i talk with foremost respect and i thank you for your feedback , I cant argue if you think its useless, thats your opinion obviously you can have one, But can you please explain how does it make RP(Legit RP ) harder? You saying you must see a person's name (when you shouldn't rply) to RP properly? i see it as a contradiction , Cause knowing my name without knowing me or spot me from a far inside i a car without ever seeing me before as i said before just cause you see my name should'nt be considered easier RP, it is pure MG
If its not what you mean i would love to know what you do mean

Kevin Flowers

The Ultimate
Old School
Nov 23, 2017
United States
First of all i talk with foremost respect and i thank you for your feedback , I cant argue if you think its useless, thats your opinion obviously you can have one, But can you please explain how does it make RP(Legit RP ) harder? You saying you must see a person's name (when you shouldn't rply) to RP properly? i see it as a contradiction , Cause knowing my name without knowing me or spot me from a far inside i a car without ever seeing me before as i said before just cause you see my name should'nt be considered easier RP, it is pure MG
If its not what you mean i would love to know what you do mean
It's a Dynamic Roleplay server. People aren't forced to roleplay anything heavy, something basics works just fine. If they want to see that someone has a badge on via their name tag then so be it.

Austin_Winters

Prospect
Dec 19, 2017
IC
Austin_Winters
It's a Dynamic Roleplay server. People aren't forced to roleplay anything heavy, something basics works just fine. If they want to see that someone has a badge on via their name tag then so be it.
I don't know i mean we still are an RP server..people should role-play, dynamic only means they could do they at their own level and yes not to force it, But yet again, lets even say its an Light rp server, even there MG is rule breaking , and what you suggesting is an MG on any level..
even tho' its a gray area and not punishable sometimes .. Therefore my suggestion is great, it can avoid that
And nowhere in my suggestion i force someone to RP, people who casually play can always come to someone ask them "what is your name", doesn't require any level of RP at all, who wants to RP it heavily so be it, But its not the intention .

However i respect your opinion and thank you for your reply !