Tesseract
Multimedia Team
Old School
Dedicated
Reaction score
IC
Jason_Savage
What is roleplay?

Roleplay means taking the role of another character and acting you do when you face the same situation that he does in real life. Now before we move ahead I would like to tell you that in order to be a good roleplayer you should start off by impersonating yourself as a civilian or a laborer, since these two characters roleplay doesn't have to be too specific or too complicated

What is in character (IC) and out of character (OOC)

You might have seen a lot of players saying IC or OOC. IC stands for In-Character which is self-explanatory i.e - If you're IC that means you're roleplaying as the character you've chosen. Whereas OOC is just the opposite. It stands for Out Of Character which is also self-explanatory.

What is Metagaming? (MG)

Metagaming (MG) refers to mixing your Out Of Character (Real Life) information with In-Character. It doesn't mean that if you work as a rapper/singer in real life then you can't let your character Rap/sing in-game. For example, Let's say I am a rapper in real life and while I'm in-game I do this. /me extends his right arm -picking up the mic in front of him and smiling at the same time whilst looking at the audience in front of his. /me begins to spit out some rap and slightly taps his foot on the ground *feeling the beat*. /do you find the music to be very good? So, this is not considered as MG though I mixed my IRL info with my in-game character. MG comes when you say something like this without /b "Hey, I live in the Caribbean and my dad is a businessman". This is considered as MG since your character is living in Los Santos and your dad is most likely not a businessman in-game. Another example, [ Running up to a player in-game and saying their name without getting that information IC]

What is /me and /do

/me is used to show the actions which your character is doing in a particular situation. For example /me waves his hand as he walks past the group of Indians. Here your character is waving his hand whilst walking past the group of Indians.
Now about /do. /do basically is a command which is used to explain the actions that are happening around your character. For example- /do There would be bloodstains all over the white carpet. Here you did not explain what your character is doing but instead, you explained what is happening around the environment. Another example - /do You would hear gunshots being fired in the background.

What is powergaming? (PG)

Powergaming or PG refers to the actions which are impossible/unreal to perform in real life or simple forcing roleplay unto another player, not giving them a chance to respond. For example,/me fires his gun and catches the bullet and eats it. Well, it is not possible in-real-life unless you're the son of Chuck Norris. So try to make your /me and /do really precise and real to avoid powergaming.

What is Deathmatch? ( DM)

Deathmatching means killing another player without any prior RP done or without a valid in-character reason. Suppose you have an enemy in real life which plays this server. I know most of us will try to scam or kill him every time possible (That's human nature). But it is considered highly non-RP. Since you must have a valid RP reason to kill a player. Now back to the right thing - Let's say someone shot/killed your brother in-game and you saw who did it. Then you have 100 percent rights to bang his ass;).

What is revenge killing? (RK)
The name is already self-explanatory, ''Revenge kill'' is avenging your death on someone after he/she kills you You might have noticed that when you die and you are discharged from the hospital a message appears which says 'You've lost some of your memory'' This clearly means that you do not remember anything about the person who killed you. So, if you kill him again unless he does something to you again it is considered as Revenge Killing.

What is Kill on sight ( KoS)

This refers to killing someone as soon as you see him without prior roleplay or killing someone multiple times just because you hate him. It is quite similar to DM and it is highly non-tolerable.

What is car ram? (CR)

This refers to ramming another player using your vehicle. This is not allowed since it increases the chance of non-RP actions. It can be done but through high roleplay and you can only ram a person if you have a proper RP reason.

What is healing in a gunfight?

this is self-explanatory. Healing in a gunfight refers to getting full HP/ Armour while you're in a gunfight. It is also a non-RP action since in real life no one can recover the gunshots by either smoking weed, crack, eating pizzas or drinking Sprunk. Let's explain this with an example - Suppose the cops raid my gang's HQ, and it's obvious that we'll have a gunfight. So, yeah we start shooting each other and in this time period I run to a Sprunk machine and get full HP (WHILE MY HEALTH GOES LOW) - This is clearly an offence.

What is player kill? (PK)

This is quite dissimilar from normal death. Player kill means killing someone with Full Roleplay and forcing him to lose his current stats. When a player PKs another player - the victim loses his status in his faction/gang, his money, his cars and other stuff depending on the situation and the solving admin.

What is character kill? (CK)

This is similar to PK but if you get CK'ed you lose everything - you have to start from level 1, you lose your money, cars, factions all that shit. It's like starting off with a new account since you can't even use your old name. But in most server no one CK you unless you agree to it.

Non-RP Behavior​

Supposedly you get hit by a car or you fall down from a building and then you stand up and start running - this is non-RP if you get hit by a car or fall down from a building of height in real life, you obviously face some injuries so, similarly you gotta roleplay the situation in-game.

*I hope you find this helpful. Took me half hour to make it all from scratch.*
*If you face any problem you can ask that in the comment box or you can clarify it from me in-game or via PM.*

Last edited:

Chris Lit Gold

Tesseract
Multimedia Team
Old School
Dedicated
Reaction score
IC
Jason_Savage
Move this to guides please.

Jordy

Kamikaze
Dedicated
Reaction score
IC
Jordan_Jefferson
good stuff brah if only I had this guide when I first started rping I wouldn't have used underscores in my name like a retard
again good work

Sosa

The Ultimate
Gang Slot-Holder
Dedicated
Reaction score
IC
Finem_Sosa
good stuff brah if only I had this guide when I first started rping I wouldn't have used underscores in my name like a retard
again good work

jason

The Ultimate
Old School
Dedicated
Reaction score
IC
Syed_G_Street
good job buddy, #chrisformanagement

Lubian

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator